The common name of Little millet in Indian languages.
- Bengali: Sama
- Gujarati: Gajro; Kuri
- Hindi: Kutki, Shavan (कुटकी)
- Kannada: Same, Save
- Marathi: Sava, Halvi, vari
- Oriya: Suan
- Punjabi: Swank
- Tamil: Samai
- Telugu: Samalu
- English: Little millet
Nutritional Value per 100 gms
- Calories (KCal) 207
- Protein (g) 7.7
- Fat (g) 5.2
- Fiber (g) 7.6
- Iron (mg) 9.3
- Calcium (mg) 17
- Minerals (g) 1.5
Health benefits of Little millet
- Highly nutritious and rich in Vitamin B, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, etc.
- Excellent source of protein and fiber.
- Gluten-free and low Glycemic Index (GI), hence an ideal food for diabetics.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Aids in the treatment of respiratory conditions like Asthma.
- Detoxifies our body and also helps in weight loss.
Little millet is one among the 5 positive millets, as recommended by Dr. Khader vali